The Mordialloc Neighbourhood House is registered with the Department of Education to deliver quality, flexible and responsive occasional child care.
Occasional Care is a unique child care service that supports families by providing flexible care for children aged 6 months to 5 years. Child care can be used for a variety of reasons, some which include respite; attending appointments; studying; shopping; socialisation as well as leisure pursuits. Come and visit our House and talk to our staff about your child and their needs. Occasional child care operates to the Department of Education school terms with a limited service during the school holidays. We are a ‘Sun smart’ ‘No Hat, No Play’ Centre and follow the ‘No Jab, No Play’ guidelines.
The Program Offers
• personal development and cultural and educational experiences
• age appropriate development activities are based on individual children’s needs and interests
• indoor and outdoor playtime
• music and story time
On Your First Visit
• bring your completed child care registration form and a copy of your child’s immunisation records with you
• if your child has an allergy – bring along the Action Plan signed off by your doctor
• explain any special needs or instructions relating to your child to the staff
• you are welcome to stay with your child a short time to assist with them settling in but we do ask you leave after 10 minutes
What to Bring to Child Care
• a named bag with a change of clothing, fresh nappies and a change of shoes
• a hat for summer and sunscreen is to applied before coming to care
• a piece of fruit or prepared fruit in a named container
• healthy lunch and drink in named containers
*With the increasing number of children with allergies to nuts, we ask that you refrain form including peanut butter, Nutella and any other nut related food items.
Sessions and Times
• Permanent and casual places for 3 and 5 hour sessions are available Monday to Friday.
• Care starts from 9.15am and finishes at 12.15pm for 3 hours and 2.15pm for 5 hours
• There is a maximum stay of 15 hours in total per week
• Casual and permanent bookings are available
• Bookings can be made by telephone or in person at the office and fees are payable in advance
• 3 hour sessions are $30
• 5 hour sessions are $50